Tie Manifesto Part 5: The Merovingian Wrap
I’ll finish this series how I started. With the Merovingian. In The Matrix: Revolutions, the Merovingian wore another unusual knot. I’m not absolutely positive, but as I said in my last post, I believe this is basically an Onassis knot with the narrow end wrapped around twice and tucked into the shirt.
This one was a pain. It took me many tries to get just right (and I’m still not completely happy with it). Practice, practice, practice.
Although I called this an Onassis, technically I began tying a Pratt knot and just didn’t tuck it through at the end. This has the advantage of leaving the narrow end of the tie facing backwards, which makes it easier to wrap. I also pinned the narrow end to my shirt after tucking it in.
Look 2: Absent due to technical difficulties (suit at the cleaners ;)
18 Notes/ Hide
- npratt reblogged this from werewolfstyle
- mephikal likes this
- ceramej likes this
- irelandseyeonmyth likes this
- davidburnsred likes this
- greenanise likes this
- fash-n-photo reblogged this from werewolfstyle
- done-in-darkness likes this
- teh-narrator reblogged this from werewolfstyle
- teh-narrator likes this
- bmusic4life likes this
- onebilliontastesandtunes likes this
- judie-lopez reblogged this from justinsanak
- tehamazingone reblogged this from justinsanak
- justinsanak reblogged this from werewolfstyle and added:
- werewolfstyle posted this